Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ski trip to Keystone

I know, I know ... I haven't posted in two weeks.  Slap my hand -- bad!  Sorry.  Since our trip to Keystone, I haven't been able to catch up!  Life's been super busy and it's only going to get busier this spring and summer, but in a joyous and fabulous way.  I'm not complaining.  Just explaining. :)

In any case, our trip was simply fabulous!  Since I've known him, Mark's gone skiing on average of two to three times every year and I've never been able to go with him.  Be it work or timing, it just hadn't worked out.  Needless to say, I was determined to go this time around since we kind of come as a pair now that we're married!



It was so fun.  I had been skiing twice before, the last time being five years ago, and I'm in no way an athletic person.  Coordinated, yes.  Graceful, yes.  Sporty?  Ha!  No.

I have to admit I was a little apprehensive about Mark's patience and if we would even be able to ski together much since he's a regular black and double black diamond skiier and snowboarder.  It turns out I improved a lot more than I had hoped and much faster!  When we got there, I was determined to not leave a green mountain but ended up skiing mostly blues and even two black diamonds on the last day.  Woo!  Mark was a very patient, encouraging and loving teacher.  I was pretty blown away by him, actually.  It's a good reminder for me to return the generosity if ever the roles are reversed in coaching.



I'm excited about my improvement and look forward to going again!  I hope I'll be able to pick it up as quickly next time and improve even more.  I discovered a lot of it is about your confidence, so I'll try to let that lead me.



What a fun trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...