Monday, March 28, 2011

30-day birthday for my 30th!

Wow, my hubby loves me. My family has always had a tradition of having a "birthday week" where we get to celebrate our birthdays for a week-ish. Otherwise, it passes so quickly! It's not like we make a big deal out of every day; it's really just a way of saying it's my birthday week, you should be nice to me. :-p

Well, this has been a foreign concept to Mark since we've been together, as he doesn't take birthdays as seriously as I do. For my 30th birthday, though, the man has lived up to par and beyond.

On March 15, 2011, 31 days before my birthday, which also happened to be our weekly Date Night, Mark gifted me a journal he made himself -- "30 Presents in 30 Days: Jen Crowley's 30th Birthday!" Mark invited many of my friends to participate in this 30-day birthday celebration of mine that entails my being showered with love by someone different on a daily basis, 30 days leading up to my 30th birthday. I get a whole birthday month! I love it! This guy knows me well. :)

He gave me a sweet card (he doesn't do cards and knows how much I love them), reading that he hopes that in the next 30 days I realize how special I am every day. In the journal is a page for every day where I'm supposed to record what I received that day. He's so creative.

For his 30th birthday a few years ago, I gave him 30 small gifts, so he certainly stepped it up a notch for me.

It's been so fun being surprised every day by someone new with some kind of affirmation letter, gift or prayer. I've been humbled by the incredible love shown to me by those in my life.

Words can't describe how much I love this birthday gift from my wonderful hubby. I love this man.

July 4, 2008

3 comments:

  1. This is so precious:)

    Nice to meet you! I saw you joined my blog and wanted to come over and say hi and thanks for following! I look forward to getting to know you more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Awaiting a Child of God -- I've actually been following your blog since December, but I just become a Google follower to a bunch yesterday! Thanks for reading, and I look forward to getting to know you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...