Thursday, April 14, 2011

30, flirty and thriving

I have so much knowledge about being 30 years old -- a whole 11 hours worth of knowledge so far, only four of which have been while awake. :) So far, however, it's been fabulous! I've got the best loved ones for whom anyone could ask, and I've been blessed way more than I deserve. Here's to this year and all the years following, please God, being the best yet. I'm so thankful I have a loving, generous and kind husband with whom to share them.

Recapping the 20 most memorable experiences of my 20s (not necessarily in order, except for No. 1!):

20. Graduating from the University of Texas at Austin Journalism School.
19. Founding the Catholic 20-Somethings Ministry.
18. Owning my first house.
17. Buying and paying off my first car -- my fabulous Toyota 4Runner.
16. Going through the Christ Renews His Parish Retreat experience.
15. Kidnapping my best friend, Angela, from her husband and galavanting around France together.
14. Experiencing heartburn for the first time and going to the doctor, aka Rico Suave, in Monaco.
13. Traveling to Europe with the hubby -- Italy, France and England.
12. Developing a love affair with wine.
11. Becoming a godmother to the three most precious children -- Austin, Reagan and Anderson.
10. Becoming an aunt to the three most beautiful nieces -- Violet, Kenna and Olivia.
9. Living with the best sister for whom anyone could ask, Allie.
8. Working for the Catholic Church.
7. Working for a country music magazine that provided me the opportunity to meet countless famous music artists.
6. Getting certified to scuba dive and diving in Cozumel, Cancun, Destin and the Barrier Reef in Belize.
5. Raising my adorable, little, tired pomeranian, Blondie.
4. Being within 30 feet of and blessed by Pope Benedict XVI.
3. Going on a mission trip to Monterrey, Mexico.
2. Seeing, with my dad, U2 in concert.
1. Marrying the love of my life, Mark.


 June 13, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...