Monday, September 20, 2010

A top 10 list of top 10 lists

Some food for thought on a Monday morning.  In no particular order ...
  1. Top 10 marriage mistakes
  2. Top 10 marriage myths
  3. Top 10 [pieces of] marriage advice
  4. Top 10 marriage books to read in 2010
  5. Top 10 Bible studies on love and marriage
  6. Top 10 tips for a happy marriage
  7. Top 10 ways to destroy a marriage
  8. 10 awesome gifts for married couples
  9. The top 10 marriage blogs of 2009
  10. Top 10 reasons to communicate
Some of my favorites ...
  • 1. An overnight stay for the two of you or a Marriage Retreat.
    I love this.  This out-of-the-box idea came to me through Twitter, and it was my favorite.  In the hustle and bustle of the season, it’s easy to get wrapped up in consumerism and focusing on gifts.  While great gifts can be an asset to marriage (as I hope I’ve demonstrated above), why not surprise your spouse with plans to get away from the responsibilities of home for an evening away?  For a deeper experience, I’d highly recommend you try a marriage retreat.
    (10 awesome gifts for married couples)
  • 7. Quit dating. Saying "I do" doesn't mean that you should stop dating your spouse. You still need time together – time away from home, work, the kids and other responsibilities. My husband and I try to have a bi-weekly date night, and a once or twice-a-year weekend away without the kids. Even though we see each other every day, we need time to just concentrate on each other.
    (Top 10 ways to destroy a marriage)
  • 2. Grace
        * Say this again and again. “I’m not perfect and my spouse isn’t perfect.”
        * If you have unrealistic expectations, you’re bound for so much disappointment. I’m not saying that we should expect mediocre marriages, but we need to be realistic. This is another way of accentuating the importance of Grace.
    (Top 10 [pieces of] marriage advice)
  • 1. Lack of Respect
    Don't badmouth your spouse to your friends or associates. Spouses need to be thanked. They need to know they are appreciated.
    (Top 10 marriage mistakes)
 Destin trip, June 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...